- What is GPA
- NOUN GPA CALCULATOR
- HOW TO CALCULATE GPA
- GRADE POINT AVERAGE – GPA CALCULATOR
What is GPA
GPA stands for Grade Point Average. It is a standard way of measuring academic achievement at the National Open University. Basically, it goes as follows: Each noun course is given a certain number of “units” or “credits“, depending on the content of the course.
GPA assumes a grading scale of A, B, C, D, F. Each grade is assigned a number of grade points. An A grade receives 4 points, a B=3, a C=2, a D=1, and an F=0. The process is the same whether you are working on secondary or college grades.
If you take a 3 unit course and receive an A grade, you receive 3 units times 4 points (for the A), which gives a total of 12 Grade points for the course.
Let’s say you also take a 6 unit course (common in final year Project, for example) and receive a C grade. That’s 6 units times 2 points for 12 points. So for your two courses, you have accumulated 22 Grade points for the 9 units.
NOUN GPA CALCULATOR
This a NOUN GPA Calculator to calculate noun result total exam grade point average scores. It requires that you’ve known your noun exam grades for all registered courses. Else refer to this page to check exam grade then come back to continue.
This National Open University GPA calculator was built at Marks Grade Point:
A (70 and above) 5
B (60-69%) 4
C (50-59%) 3
D (45-49%) 2
E (40-44%) 1
F (39 and below) 0
The CGPA Ranges under the new Five (5)- Point Grading Scale for Classification of Degrees:
4.5- 5.00 – First Class Honours
3.5-4.49 – Second Class Honours (Upper Division)
2.5-3.49 – Second Class Honours (Lower Division)
1.5-2.49 – Third Class Honours
0 – 1.49 – FAIL
Now, see …
HOW TO CALCULATE GPA
- Enter semester course result in the labeled field “GRADE“.
- Enter noun course credit units accordingly, and then
- Click “Calculate” button to see your Noun semester calculated GPA straightaway.
Points to note
- Course grades are inputted as A, B, C, D, E, and F. Any other value will prompt an error message. and
- Credit units are mostly from 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.
- The GPA Calculator is not limited to National open university students alone. After all, it was made with NUC Approved Result grading.
Give it a try…